Named for Leon M. Abbott, Sovereign Grand Commander from 1921-1932, the Scholarship Program provides ﬁnancial support for the continuing education of young men and women from Scottish Rite families and Masonic-related youth groups. Since 1951, more than $3 million has been awarded to students from each state of the Northern Jurisdiction. Eligibility: Those meeting any of the following criteria are eligible to apply for the 2015 Abbott Scholarship program:
• A Scottish Rite Mason of the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction
• A child of a Scottish Rite Mason of the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction, who is a high school senior or currently enrolled at an accredited college or university, who has attained a minimum grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
• A member of DeMolay, Rainbow or Job’s Daughters in the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction who is a high school senior or currently enrolled at an accredited college or university, who has attained a minimum grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
• Applicants should complete two copies of the form and mail it to the Valley Secretary. Applicants should submit their application to the Valley providing for their eligibility. Deadline for submission is close of business April 1, 2016.
The application form is available from the Supreme Council website under membership downloads at www.scottishritenmj.org.
Fall Reunion Saturday October 17, 2015 Lunch 11:30 am-12:30 pm. 11:30-noon Class registration. 1:00 pm Opening of the Lodge of Perfection. 3:50 pm Closing of LOP. This has been cancelled
The Lancaster Lodge of Perfection is having their 10th annual Chicken Corn Soup & Apple Dumpling Sale. Asking all the Scottish Rite Brethren, Blue Lodge Brethren, their ladies and friends in Lancaster to join together and help with this endeavor which will benefit the children in our Children’s Dyslexia Center of Lancaster. Orders are due July 30, 2015 and pickup is Tuesday, August 11, 2015. See your newsletter for more information.
Charles M. Howell Lodge No. 496 Saturday, October 24, 2015 Charles M. Howell Lodge Building 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Lodge No. 43 and Lamberton Lodge No. 476 Friday, June 5, 2015 Lancaster Masonic Center 3:00 p.m. to9:00 p.m.
Mount Lebanon Lodge No. 226 and Mount Olivet Lodge No. 704 Saturday, June 13, 2015 Lebanon Masonic Center 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Ashara-Casiphia Lodge No. 551 and Columbia Lodge No. 286 Saturday, August 15, 2015 Donegal Masonic Center 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Manheim Lodge No. 587 Saturday, September 12, 2015 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m.
Abraham C. Treichler Lodge No. 682 Saturday ,September 19, 2015 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Ephrata Lodge No. 665 Saturday, September 26, 2015 Ephrata Lodge Building 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
At the one day class, held the same day as the Fall Reunion Saturday, October 18, 2014 at the Lancaster Masonic Center Masonic Village resident 100-year-old William A. Barnett became a Master Mason and member of the Abraham C. Treichler Lodge Elizabethtown. The one day class affords an opportunity to receive the 3 degrees in Free Masonry when time does not permit the customary 3 month period.
The Masonic Center of Lancaster held the First Masonic Districts Fall one day Class in the blue room on Saturday 10/17/2014. Lower photo pictured with Barnett (l-r) Past Grand Master Jay W. Smith, Barnett’s Daughter Patricia L. Sourbeer, Grandson Bradley T. Barnett, member of Manheim Lodge, Masonic Villages Care Giver, Vicki Skees, and District Deputy Grand Master Larry A. Derr.
The Fall Reunion is to be held on Saturday, October 18, 2014
11:30 am – 12:30 pm Chili Lunch
11:30 am – Noon Class Registration
1:00 pm Opening of the Lodge of Perfection
3:45 pm Closing of the Lodge of Perfection
The Spring Reunion is rapidly approaching, here are the details as posted in the March April 2014 Bulletin.
- Dinner 4:00 to 6:00 pm
- Member registration upon arrival
- 5:00 pm Class Registration
- 5:30 pm Class Reception: Red Room
- 6:30 pm Opening
- 6:50 pm 4th Degree Master Traveler
- 7:20 pm 5th Degree Perfect Master
- 8:05 pm 14th Degree Grand Elect Mason
- 9:00 pm Introduction of Visitors. Reception of Honored Guest William D. Coldren, Jr.,33 Degree
- 9:45 pm Closing